An intermittent Internet connection can happen with anyone and for a variety of reasons ranging from poor signal to equipment failure or hardware and software failure. No need to worry about as we are going to provide you with some steps which can help you to notice what causes intermittent Internet connection. We suggest you read this article till the end in order to know how to fix an intermittent Internet connection.
1. Virus and Malware
Do you know what causes intermittent Internet connection on most of the routers? Most of the routers are affected by viruses and malware. Many of the users are not aware of this. In this case, you may need to update the firmware of your wireless router.
- To update the firmware of the wireless router, go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the model number of the router.
- Now check whether the latest firmware version for your router is available or not.
- If it’s available, download the firmware.
- Get into your router and update its firmware version.
2. Faulty Modem
Sometimes you can have an issue due to a faulty modem too. The issue due to which a modem becomes faulty is an error in the modem driver.
- To resolve this issue, go to the device manager on your computer and look for your modem’s name.
- Now uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
3. Improper cable connection
If you still can’t identify what causes intermittent Internet connection on your network, check the cables and wires.
- Make sure the cables are plugged in their respective sockets.
- Ensure that all wires are connected properly.
- Ethernet cable that is running towards the modem should not be tampered.
4. Defect in router
If you have come across the above mentioned instructions and still can’t resolve the issue of intermittent connection, go for the following steps:
- Please ensure configurations on your wireless router were not changed or modified.
- If you find any misconfiguration on your router, go for router reset.
- Please take a paperclip and look for the router reset button on the back of the router.
- Press the button using the paperclip and hold for a few seconds.
- Now release the button when you see all the lights on your router blinking.
Now that you have reset the wireless router, wait for a while and let your router to get back to the factory default settings. Once the router gets back to the default factory settings, reconfigure the wireless router and you will see the Internet on your router connected smoothly.
So this article was all about the solving the issue of intermittent Internet connection on your wireless network. In future, if you again face any of the issue related to an intermittent Internet connection, follow the above mentioned points and you will be able to identify what causes intermittent Internet connection on your wireless network. We hope that this article helped you. If you are still having issues on your network, please call us on our 24×7 technical support line for further assistance.