This is the major query that people with wireless router ask i.e. “my Linksys router is open and need it to be secure”. Although this concern about the security of the wireless network is commendable but very few people know the process of security setup for the wireless network. Securing the wireless network is very important so as to prevent the network from any unauthorized user or threat. In this article, you will get to know about the solution of your searched query “my Linksys router is open and need it to be secure”. We will discuss how to set up the security settings on your wireless router to prevent it from threats and frauds.
In this section, we will mention the instructions for the solution of your query “my Linksys router is open and need it to be secure”. You need to ensure that instructions are followed properly in order to avoid any issue.
- First of all, you need to connect the physical devices with each other.
- Connect the router with the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Now connect the router to the computer using another Ethernet cable.
- Make sure you turn on both the devices by plugging the power adapter into the power outlet.
- Go to the computer which is connected to the wireless network of your router.
- Open a web browser and enter the default router login IP address into the address bar.
- Click Go and you will see Linksys router login page on your screen.
- Fill up the login credentials into the fields and you will be taken to the router setup wizard.
NOTE: If you don’t know the login credentials of your Linksys wireless router, look for the wireless information card at the bottom of the wireless router. You will see the wireless network information and other router details written on the wireless label. Note down the information on the piece of a paper.
- After you see the router setup wizard on your screen, look for the Wireless Setup.
- Click the Wireless Setup tab and you will be navigated to the Wireless security setup wizard.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to set up the password and secure the wireless network.
After you complete the configuration process for the security setup, make sure that you save the settings. If you don’t save the settings, your wireless router won’t be able to reflect the settings on the wireless network. After you save the settings, your wireless router will restart so that new settings take effect on it.
So in this article, you got to know about the solution of your searched query “my Linksys router is open and need it to be secure”. We hope that this article helped you in the security setup of your wireless router. In case you face any issue while setting up the security on the router, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free and we will be more than happy to serve you.