As we all know that we update our phone’s software so that its performance is improved and bugs are fixed. Likewise, your wireless router also needs to be updated. In the router update process, we basically update the firmware of the wireless router. Firmware update fixes the previous bugs and improves the functionality of your wireless router. This tutorial will get you the solution for your query “how to update my Linksys router”. So we will show you the complete process of Linksys router software download, and router update.
HOW TO UPDATE ROUTER FIRMWARE
Now we will explain you how to update router firmware to experience the enhancements in the functionality of your wireless router. We will explain the whole process in three phases. Make sure you follow the instructions as mentioned below.
1. Checking the model number
First of all, you need to check the model number of your wireless router. Look for the wireless label at the bottom of your wireless router. You will find all information about your wireless router. Make sure you note down the model number of your wireless router on a piece of paper because you will need this serial number at the time of Linksys router software download.
2. Download the Firmware version
In this section, we will explain you the process of Linksys router software download. Follow the instructions given below to download the firmware:
- Go to the official website of the Linksys router.
- Look for the firmware update tab and click it.
- Enter the model number of your wireless router to check whether there is an update for your router.
- Now download the firmware file and save it to the Desktop.
3. Update the firmware version
Now we will show you how to update router firmware. This is the last and the major phase in the solution of your query “How to update my Linksys router”. Make sure you follow the below-given steps carefully.
- First of all, you need to go to the Linksys router sign in page. Enter the sign in address of your router in the browser and you will be taken to the Linksys router sign in page.
- Now enter the login credentials of your wireless router and sign into the Linksys router settings page.
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade under the Admin settings.
- Upload the firmware file to your wireless router and wait for a few minutes.
Now the Linksys router will take some time to upgrade the firmware version and after that restart your router. After this, the firmware version of your router will be updated and you will experience functionality enhancements in your router.
We hope that you got the solution of your searched query “how to update my Linksys router”. In case you face any issue while attempting to update your router, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number. Our technicians will be more than happy to assist you.